Reservations for park shelters and Township Hall open to Genoa Township residents are now open. Reservations are required to be made online and paid via credit card (Visa , Mastercard, and Discover only); walk-up reservations are no longer available. Rental fees are non-refundable.
- Renter Requirements:
- Facility reservations are available to Genoa Township residents only.
- Proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license is required.
- The name of the renter must match the name on the credit card for payment or risk cancellation of the rental.
- Fees may be waived for eligible Genoa Township non-profit organizations, schools, and neighborhood groups.
- Park shelters: Eligible groups are limited to one rental per month. These reservations must be made by emailing DBrown@GenoaTwp.com. Please include preferred dates and proof of 501c3 designation.
- Township Hall: Free rental available Monday- Thursday only. Eligible groups are limited to one rental per month. These reservations must be made by emailing DBrown@GenoaTwp.com. Please include preferred dates and proof of 501c3 designation.
- Weekend dates sell out quickly. The only way to guarantee a date of choice is to pay for the rental using the online reservation system when it opens on January 1 each year; however, there are no refunds or fee waivers for non-profits groups who book online.
- Rental fees are non-refundable.
- Sales or Fundraisers:
- For-profit events or fundraisers of any kind are not permitted to take place on Township property.
- Sales are not permitted to take place on Township property.
- Food trucks or other vendors may park on nearby public streets, but not within any Township property.
- Use of space:
- Rental agreement is for use of the shelterhouse only and does not entitle the renter to restrict the general public from using other park facilities such as parking lots, restrooms, trails, athletic fields, playgrounds, etc.
- Because the facility is a Township park, walk-on use is permitted; however, walk-on users must relinquish all facilities to permit holders. Renters should carry a copy of their reservation in case of this scenario.
- Any equipment or events such as kids jumping apparatus, dunking machines, animals, etc., must be approved by Genoa Township Maintenance Director prior to the event date.
- Do not attach decorations, posters, signs, or similar items to any structure or sign.
- No fireworks.
- Renter agrees to reimburse the Township for any cost it may incur to repair any damage you cause to the facilities, building, and equipment.
- Fees will be incurred to remove any trash, litter, or debris improperly managed by the renter.
- Health and Safety:
- No alcoholic beverages or intoxicated persons are to be on Township property.
- Township property is designated no-smoking and no vaping of any kind.
- The facility must be clean and returned to its previous condition, all refuse should be placed in containers provided by the Township; all trash and debris should be bagged and left in an orderly manner for pick-up.
- Return all Township property to original areas and remove all personal property by the end of the period of use.
- Premises must be vacated at the scheduled time. Parks are open from dawn to dusk (displayed as 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on the facility reservation calendar, but note that sunrise/sunset times vary throughout the year).
- All normal Township rules must be followed in addition to the Rental Agreement.
- Renter is responsible for group conduct. The responsible individual will not be issued future rentals and will be charged for damages/staff time if guests cause damage to the facility including excessive trash/litter.
PARK SHELTER RENTAL
Call 614.568.2080 for questions regarding park reservations
Rental of Township facilities are available year-round. Rental fees for are $25 at Center Green and Hilmar parks, $35 at Freeman and $75 at McNamara Park.
|Center Green Park
TOWNSHIP HALL RENTAL
Call 614.895.1126 with questions regarding Township Hall rental
Rental of Township Hall, located at 5111 South Old 3C Highway, is available year-round on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Rental hours are 10:00 AM to Midnight. The main room is 30'x39' and has a maximum capacity of 80 people. 16 tables (six foot length), 66 chairs are available for use. The kitchen is equipped with full-size appliances, a microwave, and one large coffee pot.
Renters are provided with a code, unique to your rental date, to unlock the door to the facility. This code is intended only for the authorized renter only and shall not be shared with other event guests. Times when the facility is accessed are recorded and video surveillance is used within the facility.
Rental Fee = $150.00 | Rental Deposit = $250.00
| $150 Rental Fee
$250 Security Deposit
POLICE STATION CONFERENCE ROOM
Call 614.568.2060 with questions regarding Police Station reservations.
Use of the Police Department conference room for community organizations is authorized at the discretion of the Police Chief.