Upon completion of the program, participants are encouraged to share their knowledge of how the Fire Department operates. The academy fosters a better understanding of the Department's duties, responsibilities, and capabilities in serving the community.
Participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age and pass a background check. There is no charge for this course. To be considered for the program, submit an application. Each cohort is limited to 12 people and classes fill quickly.
2023 meeting dates:
- March 6: Introduction and Orientation
- March 13: Hazardous Materials Spills
- March 20: CPR & AED
- March 27: EMS
- April 3: Fireground Operations
- April 10: Search and Rescue
- April 22: Emergency Vehicle Operations
- April 24 Vehicle Extrication
- May 1: Rope Rescue
- May 8: Water Rescue
- May 15: Graduation and Ladder Climb
All sessions are held from 7:00-9:00pm at the Genoa Township Fire Station located at 7049 Big Walnut Road, Galena, Ohio 43021.